Friday, May 25, 2007

A New Project

Finding myself with a little free time on the weekends these days, I have decided to start on a little project. I have decided to completely build myself a custom electric guitar. I have been wanting to get a nice electric guitar for a while, but I just can't bring myself to spend $1,500 on a factory standard guitar. I purchased two wood blocks for the bodies last week. I figured I would order two just in case I mess up the first one, or if the first one goes smoothly I can then make a second to sell? The bodies are mahogony...I have drawn out the body design for this first creation, and have started to cut it out. I have to cut the body out of the block...round some of the edges off and sand it all down. I have decided on the pickups I will be using and those will be arriving this next week. I plan to document the entire process in pictures and will post them on here. I hope it turns out as well as I expect...this could be the start of a great hobby...and if I start to sell them a very lucrative hobby! Get your pre-orders in for an original Eric guitar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home