Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Are You 420 Friendly??

Hello everyone! The semester is almost finished, and I am currently looking for a job...If you know of anything please let me know! I realized that I had not posted anything for some time, so I thought I would share a little story. What I am about to share with you took place this afternoon. I got home from classes, and I was laying down for a few minutes. While laying there content and happy, my rest was interrupted by a knocking on the door. Imagine the most abnoxious knocking and that is slightly close to the way it sounded. Being annoyed by this I didn't get up. After knocking a second time I heard my roommate open up the door. I sat and listened as I heard the guy at the door procede with his business. "Hey bro what's goin on? Can I talk to you for a few minutes? Bro I am selling magazine subscriptions. Dude guess where I am trying to get enough money to go to? Cali bro!" Ok, picture Sean Penn from the movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High...add about 300 pounds and that's the guy standing in our doorway. Now, if he were a little kid selling magazine subscriptions for school I would not mind listening to the little sales pitch. However, he was selling purely to fund a leisure trip to California. Once he got through that introduction he found out that my roommate is from California. "Oh bro you are from cali? That's rad bro...Cali is the place to be. Why are you out here in Virginia? Do you go to Liberty? That's sweet bro. So do you think you might want to buy a magazine subscription? I only need to sell five more subscriptions and this is my final day, so I really need you to help me out bro." Ok, at this point he proceded to show my roommate Jared his list of magazines. Jared, not being interested in subscribing to anything, told the guy that he had all the subscriptions he wanted. Well the guy continued to agree that, anything Jared said he was into, he was also into and it was totally "rad." After ten minutes or so of this pressuring Jared finally got the message to this guy that he wasn't going to get a subscription. Dissapointed the guy asked Jared if he could ask him just one more question. Jared said fine and the guy continued by asking "Are you 420 friendly bro?" For those of you who don't understand the lingo...420 is the get high time...and april 20th is the internation pot smoking day. So in other words...this guy was asking Jared if he wanted some weed! Yeah that's where the conversation ended. I was tempted, at this point, to pop out of my door to tell the guy that even though we aren't into that...if he goes two doors down the guy that lives there (who happens to be a Lynchburg police officer) is all about it and he wouldn't even have to waste his time with the whole magazine cover...he could just come right out with the pot. It was definitely one of the most interesting conversations I have been rudely woken by.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, May 04, 2006, Blogger David Rudd said...

bro, that was a sweet story. totally rad.

 
At 8:14 PM, February 26, 2009, Blogger admin said...

wtf I got the EXACT same thing today...
magazine subscriptions for competition thing, and when i said NO, he asked me if i was 420 friendly...

 
At 2:14 AM, February 11, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I approve of with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=morpheus photo morpher 3.01 ?
I noticed the phrase you have not used. Or you profit by the black methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

 
At 9:43 AM, August 21, 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read More

 
At 7:57 PM, February 06, 2012, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dog Ramps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home